What We Love
Development & Sustainability
Culture, Heritage & Traditions
Diversity & Inclusion
Our Vision, Mission & Values
We believe that fast fashion is becoming obsolete
Slow, steady and ethical is winning the race as a growing community is celebrating quality over quantity. Our vision is to:
- Create the number one network of industry professionals who focuses on sustainability, fairness, cultural exposure, and social initiatives.
- Promote transparency, integrity, diversity, and responsible environmental actions.
- Provide exposure for collaboration opportunities between the major players in the slow fashion movement and fashion industry.
We are moving slow fashion forward
We empower slow fashion visionaries to act upon their passions and values. Our mission is to:
- Create a shared space for slow fashion creators to challenge the norm, make their voice heard and tackle the issues facing the fashion industry.
- Show the powerful and sustainable alternative to fast fashion
- Increase awareness about the issues of resource exploitation and oppressive labour practices in fast fashion, by showing the world what we are made of (figuratively and literally)!
- Change obstacles into opportunities and potential clients into repeat customers.
Grow your business with our advisors by your side.
Become a Changemaker
Interested in joining our team as an advisor for slow fashion in your country?
We embody slow fashion. The proof is in our passion & our work
Born in the Cusco, Peru, Mariel has long held principles of conscious, sustainable living. Inspired by these values in both life and wardrobe, along with her experience in International Development & Community Building, she aims to promote slow travel, conscious lifestyles, and connections with creators. These passions lead to a move to Sweden in 2010 to network and learn about the complexities of the fashion world. With a goal of spreading conscious living and slow fashion, a global community was born – Slow Fashion World.
Reg. Director for Germany
Sina lives and works in Hamburg, Germany but regularly travels to connect with other cultures and people. She has a background in marketing and business administration. She works extensively with sustainable fashion and jewelry businesses. Sina has her own small jewelry label that she runs on the side of her marketing freelance gigs. Sustainability is her passion and she revolves her everyday life around making the world a better place.
Design & Branding
From Australia, Elizabeth is a long time nomad traveling with her dog. Elizabeth has a background working alongside sustainable and ethically based organizations, which eventually lead to an interested in the digital world. After a few years, Elizabeth launched her Web Design and Monetization studio. Today Elizabeth helps start-ups, such as SFW, to build attractive online platforms, digital communities & stratagies to fund their passions.
Reg. Director of S. Europe
Melisa is a melting-pot of cultures and emotions: a Peruvian-face, an Italian-heart and a German-brain. Currently, she is cruising around Southern Europe in a van, experiencing the digital nomad life and slow traveling. She is happy about building communities around female empowerment, sport, challenges, and conscious living. SFW welcomes her as regional director for the southern countries.