What We Love
Development & Sustainability
Culture, Heritage & Traditions
Diversity & Inclusion
Our Vision, Mission & Values
We believe that fast fashion is becoming obsolete
Slow, steady and ethical is winning the race as a growing community is celebrating quality over quantity. Our vision is to:
- Create the number one network of industry professionals who focuses on sustainability, fairness, cultural exposure, and social initiatives.
- Promote transparency, integrity, diversity, and responsible environmental actions.
- Provide exposure for collaboration opportunities between the major players in the slow fashion movement and fashion industry.
We are moving slow fashion forward
We empower slow fashion visionaries to act upon their passions and values. Our mission is to:
- Create a shared space for slow fashion creators to challenge the norm, make their voice heard and tackle the issues facing the fashion industry.
- Show the powerful and sustainable alternative to fast fashion
- Increase awareness about the issues of resource exploitation and oppressive labour practices in fast fashion, by showing the world what we are made of (figuratively and literally)!
- Change obstacles into opportunities and potential clients into repeat customers.
Grow your business with our advisors by your side.
Become a Changemaker
Interested in joining our team as an advisor for slow fashion in your country?
We embody slow fashion. The proof is in our passion & our work
Born in the Peruvian city of Cusco and heavily influenced by the rich nature, history, heritage, and traditions of her country, Mariel has long held principles of conscious, sustainable living. Inspired by these values in both life and wardrobe, she has always made it a point to connect with each piece of clothing so it can last – fashion that is truly timeless in all senses of the word.
During her early 20’s it became evident that not everyone in her network was as engaged in the selection of products as she was, and in 2010 Mariel moved to Sweden to begin networking and exploring the complex world of fashion. It was here that she realized how fast consumption and textile production negatively impact working conditions and the environment. This was the turning point for Mariel – it was time to seek and develop solutions that would cause both consumers and businesses to consider the ethical perspective. An ambitious, albeit important, dream.
Drawing from her experience as a business administration graduate, flight attendant, project manager, community builder, and international marketer, she was able to tackle her goal by combining practical experience with her personal passions – slow travelling, learning to live an increasingly conscious lifestyle, and a desire to deeply explore cultures and connect directly with makers. These connections have allowed Mariel to develop lasting relationships in the fashion scene, draw people together, and get involved with those who share her dream of positively influencing people and the environment. Inspiration hit and the dots connected – create a global community. Thus, Slow Fashion World was born.